Bright and early yesterday morning, my fiance and I ventured over to Book Outlet for their annual Box Sale!
For those of you who don’t know what the Box Sale is, it’s a warehouse book sale put on my Book Outlet in St. Catherines Ontario, Canada. There are over 100 tables set up with overstock, returns, etc. from other book stores and everyone is set loose with a big box to fill. Each box you fill with books costs $30 and every individual book after that is $1 (or you can just get multiple boxes).
Since we live very close to the physical store, we arrived there at 9:30am and their extended parking lot was already full! So I was dropped off to get a head start while Eric looked for parking elsewhere. Inside the warehouse where the sale took place there were crowds of people – you could hardly move! Surprisingly (and luckily) everyone was super nice! I would often call across a table to a stranger to pass me a particular book to which I got the response, “This one? Here you go! Oh that looks really good, is it part of a series?” or ” Ya, here ya go! Hey that looks good – let me know if you find another one for me!”
I probably spent a good hour sifting through the scattered titles and ended up coming home with eighteen books – I could have fit more in my box, but I was eager to get out of the crowds and reclaim my personal space. I was still very happy will my haul 😆.
Looking in the Box
Like I said, eighteen titles (some are burried) with room to spare!
- My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by various authors
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
- You by Caroline Kepnes
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- The Greatest Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Classic Fairy Tales
- Muscle Cars: Past Present Future
- The Book of Useless Information
- The Book of Random Oddities
- The Iliad and the Odyssey by Homer
- The Wordsearch Book
- Optical Illusions and Puzzles
- Absolutely Nasty Sudoku: Level 1
- The Gorgeous Book of Word Game Puzzles
- (another puzzle book not pictured here)
Overall it was a very successful haul – my TBR has grown so much 🙈!